The course is delivered in 13 short videos, each of around 10-15 minutes in length.
As well as a broad understanding of all types of passive fire protection systems, the learner will gain an understanding of:
- Fire safety in buildings
- Human behaviour in fire
- Fire testing
- Contractor responsibilities
- The role of active fire protection
The course provides an introduction to all types of passive fire protection systems, including:
- Fire protection to the structural frame of a building
- Fire resisting walls, floors and ceilings
- Fire stopping and penetration seals, cavity barriers and the building envelope
- Fire resistant ducts and dampers
- Fire resistant doors, shutters and associated hardware
Successful completion of the training course will provide the delegate with a sense of what good fire protection in buildings looks like and allow them to better understand the role of the various fire safety measures in the built environment, and particularly passive fire protection.
A Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate will be issued to the delegate upon completion of the course for a total of 3 CPD points.
*Please note the purchased licence offers access to the course for the named licensee(s) only for a maximum of 6 weeks from the date of your first login.